Power surges come in many different forms and despite an average of 50,000 lightning strikes in New Zealand every year, there are more frequent and likely occurrences that can interrupt your business or worse, damage your processes and sensitive equipment.

20% of surges are from external sources such as the national power grid, issues in neighbouring buildings or lightning strikes. The other 80% of business-effecting power surges are generated from internal sources such as load switching or the start-up processes of motors or pumps and AC equipment.

Thankfully there are a range of products that can minimise the impacts of power surges and they operate at different stages of your power network.

 

For more information including engineering support, specification advice and product support, contact UPS Power Solutions’ specialist engineers.

Talk to us and Put Your Power In The Safest Hands

PROTECT MY BUSINESS